Yoga for Svastha: Teacher Training and Personal Well-Being Program
Comprehensive program on achieving personal well-being through yoga and Ayurveda, as well as teacher training (registered at the 200-hour level with Yoga Alliance). This program will offer you a sound foundation in traditional yoga from Patanjali to Krishnamacharya, combined with science and modern developments.
This Program is Intended For:
- yoga practitioners who wish to deepen their personal growth and learn skills they can use for the rest of their life, and in daily life;
- yoga teachers from all schools seeking a greater understanding of the full spectrum of yoga practices: asana, pranayama, meditation, Yogasutra, mantras;
- those who wish to learn the teachings of Krishnamacharya from a direct source;
- yoga practitioners interested in building a firm foundation to teach yoga to people of all ages and fitness levels;
- those interested in a comprehensive base for the Svastha Yoga Therapy program.
The program focuses on both personal development – learning to practice yoga for your own wellbeing – as well as the skills required for you to teach yoga.
- Philosophy and psychology of yoga based on the Yogasutras of Patanjali.
- Sanskrit terminology: key words and concepts to facilitate and retain authenticity in the teaching and transmission.
- Theory of Krishnamacharya’s hatha yoga practice.
- Function-oriented approach to movement in asanas: awareness, stability, alignment, stretching, mobilization, daily life application.
- Traditional vinyasa system of Krishnamacharya, combining breathing and movement.
- Core asanas essential for fitness and in a therapeutic setting.
- Preparation and balancing.
- Common and useful variations
- Using asanas to lead on to the advanced breath work and skill of the bandhas.
- Connecting physical yoga to the deeper aspects of yoga and meditation and mindfulness.
- Principles of sequencing from the traditional approach of Krishnamacharya and further developments from there.
- Foundations of personal course planning and sequencing for your own practice.
- Understand the principles of sequencing and develop sequences for different needs for others.
- Bring together instructions, presentation, and teaching practices learned over the course to deliver yoga classes.
- Principles and practice of working with your breath effectively.
- Using asanas to prepare for pranayama.
- All the important types of pranayama with practice.
- Using sound in asanas.
- Using sound in meditation.
- Theory of meditation and mindfulness: why, what, and how.
- Practicing core meditation techniques and skillful mindfulness.
Anatomy & Physiology
- Essential anatomy and physiology as applied to asanas.
- Explore how functional anatomy can help you understand and practice yoga effectively.
- Key principles of movement and breathing in asana and pranayama explored from the perspective of modern science.
Chanting & Mantras
- Importance and theory of useful mantras for chanting and simple chants e.g. traditional Vedic peace chants.
- Focus on the use of sound and mantra in asana, pranayama, meditation.
- Practicing mantra meditation, intentions, and affirmations in yoga practice.
- Introduction to Ayurvedic doshas and basic principles of Ayurvedic dietetics.
- Daily routines of Ayurveda.
- Mudras and bandhas: their importance and how to practice and teach them.
- System of nadis, prana, cakras and their relevance to practice.
Establishing and refining one’s personal practice is a key element of this program.
Following the teacher training, you can join the larger Svastha community internationally, with the possibility of going on with further therapeutic yoga studies. You can apply yoga to people with various health conditions.
The online platform YogaKnowledge.net contains hundreds of videos from the Mohans on the various in-depth traditional yoga topics from Yogasutra to pranayama and kundalini, offering you self-paced learning for years to come.
What this program will give you
- Skills to deepen your personal growth and effective yoga knowledge and practice you can use for the rest of your life;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the full spectrum of yoga practices: asana, pranayama, meditation, yoga sutra, ayurveda, mantras and more;
- Firm foundation and approach to teach yoga to people of all ages and fitness levels;
- The opportunity to be part of a community of people who are similarly committed to a path of personal transformation;
- A comprehensive base to progress to the Svastha Yoga Therapy Training program and deepen and widen your skills of yoga therapy;
- An internationally recognized qualification enabling you to confidently teach yoga anywhere in the world.
On successful completion of this course, participants will have:
- an understanding and appreciation of the principles of the science and art of yoga and an introduction to Ayurvedic principles.
- developed a comprehensive knowledge of the theory of asanas, pranayama and meditation.
- gained skill and confidence in the practice of asanas, pranayama and meditation.
- understood the principles necessary to teach yoga in a safe and effective manner.
- acquired the tools to enact positive changes in their own lives and start on the part of providing the same guidance to others.
- the opportunity to be a part of a community of people who are similarly committed to a path of personal growth and transformation.
Teacher Training Schedule
Details at: https://www.svastha.net/event/svastha-yoga-teacher-training-and-personal-wellbeing-singapore/