As women, we undergo various physiological changes throughout our lives. These changes impact our mind and body in different life situations. Understanding the approach of classical yoga and adapting it to suit our needs, will help greatly in maintaining everyday health – both physically and mentally, and restore balance in the long run.
Modern yoga often has a bias towards large range movements and flexibility which may not be the ideal goal for all women. Understanding the balance of strength, stability and flexibility in our own bodies will help us stay healthy, age healthy and live longer.
The workshop will focus on:
- Understanding the classical perspective on yoga for women
- The eight limbs of classical yoga – What changes?
- Strength Vs Flexibility – What do I need more of? – Understanding and balancing them in my personal practice
- Menstruation, pregnancy and menopause – Simple guidelines for yoga through them all
- Emotional well-being and mantras for Women
- Empowering myself through the practices of yoga
Nitya Mohan, daughter of A.G.Mohan and Indra Mohan, is the director of the Svastha Yoga and Ayurveda training programs in Singapore. She has been teaching for over 28 years. She holds a degree in music and is an exponent of Sanskrit and Vedic chanting. She has taught seminars, trained teachers and performed all over the world including US, Europe, Australia & Asia. She is an exceptional singer hailed for her purity of voice. In her holistic teaching, she blends together a unique combination of classical Yoga, Music, Mantras and Sanskrit.