Develop Your Personal Wellness Plan: Svastha Workshop Series
This Program Is For
- Beginners interested in the essential skills of asana, pranayama, and meditation to establish a personalized practice.
- Yoga practitioners looking to enrich and deepen their learning on the foundations of classical yoga in a pragmatic framework.
- Yoga teachers interested in exposure to the traditional teachings of the “father of modern yoga,” the yogi Sri Krishnamacharya.
- Functional movement in asana
- Core asanas and vinyasas
- Developing healthful movement patterns
- Connecting daily life with asana on the mat
- Structure of spine and good alignment in the spine
- Breath and the body-mind connection
- Key principles of a healthy locomotor system
- Strength and stabilization
- Flexibility and mobilization
- Asymmetry and alignment in daily life
- Simple modification for personal needs
- Essentials of pranayama: linking the breath and mind
- Concept of prana and yoga physiology
- Interoception and inner awareness
- Combining movement and breath effectively
- Transitioning from asana to pranayama
- Traditional techniques of pranayama: ujjayi, nadishodhana etc
- Practicing safe and sensible pranayama
- Introduction to bandhas in pranayama
- Insights from the timeless message of the Yogasutras of Patanjali: the 2000 year old foundational text on yoga
- Practical application of the ancient psychology
- Vrttis and Samskaras: understanding patterns of thought and behaviour
- Stress management: klesas, overcoming the negative tendencies in the mind
- Emotional wellness
- Positive emotion and related meditations (gratitude, love etc)
- Kriya yoga: practical tools for body, speech, and mind
- Yoga frameworks for reflection
- Guided meditation practices with each session
- Core principles of Ayurvedic dietetics
- Agni and Prana
- Guidelines from Ayurveda on tastes, potencies, and effect of important foods
- Balancing the day’s meal with the different tastes
- Simple herbal teas for health: how to make them and when to take them
- Practical suggestions for diet plans
- Sound as meditation: linking, breath, sound and mind
- Qualities of sound: shabda and bhava
- Mantra and mind: using universal mantras for meditation
- Important mantra chants with meanings
- Using sound in asana
- Using mantras in pranayama
- Practical sessions with guidance on using sound for meditation
On successful completion of the course, participants will:
- Learn effective and practical tools of the sister sciences of yoga and ayurveda.
- Gain authentic information and concepts from yoga and ayurveda in a practical framework.
- Be empowered to work positively towards their own personal transformation in both body and mind.
- Have a personal wellness plan using the core principles and techniques of yoga and ayurveda.
The course is presented as a series of 12 workshops of 2.5 hours each. Each workshop combines theoretical and applied knowledge transmitted in sessions with practices woven in. Handouts accompany each session. Participants are guided into practice and encouraged to observe, analyze, and understand.
- The workshops will run throughout the year with breaks during holiday periods.
- Breakdown of workshops on the topics as follows
- Asana, spine and functional movement: 3 workshops
- Pranayama: 2 workshops
- Meditation and yoga psychology: 3 workshops
- Mantra and sound meditation: 3 workshops
- Ayurvedic dietetics: 1 workshop
- Students have the flexibility to attend the 12 workshops in any order.
- They can also attend one or more of the workshops independently.
- A certificate will be issued on completion of entire program.
Course and Venue
Cost for entire workshop series: $850.
Cost for individual workshop if taken separately: $80.
All prices include course materials and handouts.
Nitya Mohan is the daughter of A.G. Mohan and Indra Mohan, and was trained in yoga from a young age. She is the Director of Svastha yoga and Ayurveda in Singapore and has trained over 200 teachers in the Svastha Yoga teacher training programs since 2001 in Singapore. She holds a degree in music and is an exponent of the Vedic chant. She has taught yoga and given concerts in Germany, France, Switzerland, United States, Australia and Singapore. She has also released audio cassettes and CDs on Vedic chanting and the Yogasutras of Patanjali.
Location and Registration
For information on locations and registration email email@example.com.