200 Hour Teacher Training with the Mohans
“True yogic education is lighting a lamp, not filling a bucket” – A. G. Mohan
An exclusive and rare opportunity to train with the Mohan family
27 April – 19 May 2019 Yoga Teacher Training Program with world-renowned yoga masters A. G. Mohan and Indra Mohan, Dr. Ganesh Mohan and Nitya Mohan at Kookaburra Yoga, Perth, Western Australia. This is an incredible opportunity to deepen your knowledge and become an internationally certified teacher.
The Hatha Yoga of Krishnamacharya Teacher Training is a special program which integrates the wisdom teachings of Krishnamacharya with the revolutionary Yogic Mindfulness Program developed by the Mohans. The training is delivered over 3 weeks.
This training is for you if you would benefit from direct access to master teachers who will guide and support your path forward – whether you are currently a teacher looking to further your knowledge and experience, a yoga practitioner ready to take the step to becoming teacher, or simply a sincere student seeking yogic & mindfulness tools for a clear, steady mind and open, joyful heart.
Graduates of the training receive a teaching certificate accredited with Yoga Alliance enabling you to teach yoga and yogic mindfulness anywhere in the world.
A. G. Mohan is one of the rare remaining disciples of the legendary yogi Krishnamacharya, having studied with the great master personally for nearly 20 years starting in 1971. Indra Mohan is one of just a few yoga teachers who received a post-graduate diploma in yoga from Krishnamacharya. Dr. Ganesh Mohan, trained in medicine, directs the Svastha Yoga Therapy Program in 15+ locations across the globe. Nitya Mohan, trained in classical Indian music, has run the Svastha Yoga teacher trainings in Singapore for 15+ years.
The Mohans represent an extraordinary wealth of yoga knowledge with a combined yoga teaching experience of well over 100 years! They are one of the few remaining direct links to the authentic yoga traditions of Krishnamacharya and classical yoga. They are particularly known for making in-depth yoga knowledge accessible through a clear and personalized teaching style.
The Mohans are also authors of numerous books on yoga.
• Rare opportunity to study directly with world-renowned contemporary master yoga teachers & authors.
• Peaceful learning environment – a stunning studio in natural bush setting in the Perth hills.
• 3-week full-time training in yoga & yogic mindfulness with both an educational and personally transformational focus.
• Option for day attendance or an immersive residential retreat experience.
• Personal mentoring session with Indra/A. G. Mohan.
• 3-months online education with access to hundreds of hours of Mohans’ content.
• A great opportunity to broaden your knowledge and skillset, and practically integrate the teachings in to your own practice.
• Connect with a global community of sincere yoga practitioners and teachers.
• Yoga Alliance registered training. Register as a new 200-Hour Yoga Teacher or 200 CPD points for currently registered teachers.
What you gain
• Skills to deepen your personal growth and yoga knowledge and practice you will use for the rest of your life;
• Understanding of the full spectrum of yoga practices: asana, pranayama, meditation, Yogasutra, mantras and more;
• Firm foundation and approach to teach yoga to people of all ages and fitness levels;
• A comprehensive base to progress to the Svastha Yoga Therapy program and deepen and widen your skills of yoga therapy.
• The knowledge, resources and support required to teach the Yogic Mindfulness 10 Hour Program & The Hatha Yoga of Krishnamacharya 10 Hour Basic Program.
• You’ll make new friends! A caring and supportive community to support your yoga journey forwards.
• An internationally recognised qualification enabling you to confidently teach yoga anywhere in the world, and gain industry standard insurance.
In-depth, authentic, accessible studies
The Hatha Yoga of Krishnamacharya and Yogic Mindfulness training takes place over 3 weeks, where you study directly with the Mohans assisted by experienced Svastha Yoga teachers.
During the 3-week program you will be provided with theoretical and practical content drawn from Krishnamacharya’s teachings, the Yoga Sutras, the fields of Hatha Yoga, Yogic Mindfulness and Ayurveda.
There is a focus on cultivating the right bhavana (intent and focus) in every aspect of yoga practice, in your role as a teacher and even more broadly in every aspect of life. Without this, yoga is not effective and may even cause injury or harm. This acquisition of real knowledge, consciously cultivating a steady mind, and then speaking and acting from an inner steadiness with self-awareness are the essential traits required to effectively teach yoga and conduct our relationships harmoniously.
The ‘Yogic Mindfulness’ component of the training focuses specifically on how to cultivate this attitude or mindfulness in your own practice and how to share and teach Yogic Mindfulness in a variety of contexts and settings.
Graduates of the Training will have gained the knowledge, skill-set and confidence to teach the Mohans’ Yogic Mindfulness 10 hours Program, and The Hatha Yoga of Krishnamacharya 10 hours Program. These are specially designed programs suitable to teach in yogic and also corporate, educational, health and other settings.
• 3 Week Training 27 April – 19 May 2019
• Commences Saturday 27 April 2019 at 10.30am.
• Daily program commences 8am each day and concludes at 5pm. (except Saturdays commence 10.30am)
• 2 Free Days: Saturday 4th & 11th May (no contact hours)
• Submit written assignment by 19 June 2019.
• 19 May-18 August 2019: online study via YogaKnowledge.net
• Certificate of Completion issued on completion of 3-week training & submission of written assignment.
• Pay in full by 1st March to receive early-bird discount.
• Pay deposit upon acceptance of your application to secure your place.
The 23 day program is to be held at the serene Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre in Bedfordale in the hills of Perth, Western Australia. A wood and glass yoga studio built according to vastu shastra (Vedic architectural principles) and on-site retreat centre nestled amongst the trees this is the perfect venue to immerse yourself in the teachings and program.
The centre is approximately 40 minutes or less from most places in Perth and 30 minutes from Perth International Airport.
There are only a limited number of on-site accommodation places staying in spacious, shared rooms; or camping in your own tent/campervan on-site. The training program is also suited to Perth residents who can stay in their own homes, and visitors who stay off-site in the accommodation of their choice. Nearby there are lovely rooms and homes on AirBnB – book early so you don’t miss out. Nearby there are also self-contained chalets at Avocados Chalets, Roleystone (8 minutes drive).
Address: Kookaburra Creek Yoga Centre
210 Carradine Rd, Bedfordale Western Australia 6112